UK Social Mobility Awards

NOMINATIONS TO OPEN

29th APRIL 2019

Day(s)

:

Hour(s)

:

Minute(s)

:

Second(s)

Supporters

The SMC is an independent statutory body (an organisation created by an Act of Parliament). In line with the Welfare Reform and Work Act 2016, it is a continuation of the body previously called the Social Mobility and Child Poverty Commission.

The commission is comprised of a chair and commissioners who are appointed by a public appointments process. A small secretariat, based in London, supports the SMC.

To find out more, please visit our website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/social-mobility-commission/about


The Institute for Apprenticeships ensures apprenticeships and technical education are the best quality to improve provision in England, support the UK economy, and give everyone a brighter future.

We develop apprenticeships and technical education qualifications that combine high-quality education provision with training for key skills. We ensure apprentices can achieve and continue achieving after their training has ended.
We are an independent, employer-led organisation.

To find out more, please visit our website: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org


The Supply Chain Sustainability School is an award-winning industry wide collaboration, led by our Partners and Members, whose vision for the School is to be “a world class collaboration to enable a sustainable built environment”. We offer free CPD-accredited training and resources in five different areas: Sustainability, Offsite, BIM, Lean and Management.

As part of the School we deliver the Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) Programme, an industry-wide initiative making workplaces better for everyone. The FIR Programme provides free resources and training to any person or company that wants to access and use them. We also help employers to meet their legal obligations around equality and anti-discrimination and to empower people to make their workplaces more supportive for all.

To find out more, please visit our website: www.supplychainschool.co.uk

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/supply-chain-sustainability-school/
Twitter: @SupplyCSSchool
FIR Twitter @FIR4us


The Department for Work and Pensions is the largest government department in the United Kingdom, and is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy. It is supported by 13 agencies and public bodies. It was created in 2001 and has four operational organisations: Jobcentre Plus, the Pension Service, the Disability and Carers Service, and the Child Maintenance Service. It is UK’s biggest public service department and administers the state pension and a range of benefits to over 22 million claimants and customers.

Its priorities are to run an effective welfare system that enables people to achieve financial independence by providing assistance and guidance into employment, increase saving for, and security in, later life and to create a fair and affordable welfare system which improves the life chances of children. The department is a major commissioner of external social science research, with the objective of providing the evidence base needed to inform departmental strategy, policy-making and delivery.

The Department also works with over 400 National Employers/Partners to provide opportunities for all their customers.

To find out more, please visit our website: dwp.gov.uk


Leadership Through Sport & Business (LTSB), founded in 2012, is a national UK social mobility charity that achieves transformational impact through our holistic employment programme. We prepare bright young people from disadvantaged backgrounds for careers in business and finance. Our intensive 5-month Pre-Employment Bootcamp develops mindset, behaviours and technical skills to ensure they can contribute to their workplace from day one.

LTSB supports young people and employers with recruitment and on-boarding processes, helping employers develop more diverse workforces and inclusive cultures. We provide pastoral support, mentoring and enrichment activities to help young people successfully transition into work and progress in their careers. 93% of employers said they would hire more young people through LTSB – the remaining 7% said they would, but have no positions available!

To find out more, please visit our website: leadershipthroughsport.org

Headline Sponsor

Gold Partners

.